Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ava's 1st Dance Recital

Ava had her first big recital, and she was amazing. She was SO excited. She loved the whole scene back stage! She loved being around all the girls in their different costumes and of course, loved wearing her own. I thought that she would be scared backstage as it is VERY dark, but she turned to me and said (with the most precious animated excited face), "Mom, I'm SO EXCITED!!! It's almost my turn to dance on the big stage!" She was completely confident and went out and gave it her all...so much so that she was twirling so intently that she got a little dizzy and almost fell over! :) She did a big finish and she could not have been more proud. I have seen her do that dance so many times in dance class and the dress rehearsal, but I could not help but see her on stage dancing her little heart out. I couldn't hold back the tears! It's amazing to see your child happy and confident and doing something they love. Quite the girl! Now she has a month off and will start tap and ballet at the end of July.

The Bumblebee, Clara, and the Flower Fairies (Rowan, Lucy, Victoria and Ava)
Ava...being so excited to go on the big stage!

Ava and "Helper Emma" who helps in her dance class. Emma is a wonderful graceful dancer who is fun to watch...she is only 11 y/o!!!

Lucy and Ava waiting for their turn to dance...it turns out you are backstage for a LONG time for your 1 min and 30 sec glory on stage! Lucy's mom brought the movie Tinkerbell.


Ava practicing her twirls




No comments: