Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rollerskating!

Aiden had a friend's birthday party at Oaks Park roller rink today. It's a 104 y/o skating rink! This was his first time rollerskating. He was very unsure initially, and he usually likes to master things before he does them (especially around his friends). His friend, Spencer, spotted him standing at the side watching and came over and said, "C'mon Aiden! Don't worry, I fall down all the time." He went out and looked like a new deer trying to walk, but he was determined. He just kept getting back up! He didn't give up! I was so proud of him that I cried (just like the first time he went bowling!...such a sap!). He had a GREAT time and wants to go back! He has made some really nice friends, and I really liked the boys at the party. He is doing really well in second grade and settling into Willamette and West Linn. Yay, Aiden!

Gaining confidence in the practice area...not holding onto the walls!

Feeling more sure...

First starting out....clinging to the walls. It helped that Trevor (the birthday boy) was clinging to the walls in front of him. :)

Another picture of first starting out...pretty unsure until he saw his friends falling, too.



1 comment:

Liz said...

way to go Aiden!! I have such GREAT memories of roller-skating as a child; that's awesome it can be part of Aiden's childhood memories too. He's even wearing the same rental skates! :)