Saturday, April 10, 2010

Aiden!

Aiden is growing and changing before our eyes! He is getting much more sensitive to being embarrassed by things, and I'm starting to hear, "Oh, Mom!" in the tone of when your parent embarrasses you. While this makes me sad, it's also a little bit fun because I can use it as leverage. :) I now understand why Dorothy Suter purposely carried Kmart shopping bags to all the events when it horrified Sarah :) I am certain Sarah will do the equivalent to her own daughter as well.
Aiden is closing in on the end of 2nd grade. He's playing indoor soccer this spring and enjoying that. He loves to be goalie but does well in other positions, too. He also is REALLY enjoying piano lessons! He's a natural and has a lot of self-motivation at this point. His teacher, Mr. Bloom, is excellent and really believes in Aiden and knows how to motivate him. He's on the 4th Harry Potter book and loving every minute of it. His DS was confiscated, but he could care less as he has his books.
Aiden's school has a fundraiser going on right now where a professional photographer (it's Nina who took Ava's photo) will take his photo and the proceeds go to Willamette Primary. He had his picture taken this morning at Fields Park, and I'm excited to see how they turn out. I saw a couple 3rd grade girls at the park and could tell he was embarrassed, but eventually they were distracted by something else. He did great regardless. I'll see if I can post some when we get them. Until then, there are a couple of pictures included here that I took.


Aiden keeping an eye on the action! I took more photos but the rest didn't really turn out! :(

Brien made the mistake of saying he looks like Justin Bieber (a new 16 y/o pop singer that the 2nd and 3rd grade girls are ga-ga over), and Aiden was horrified! :) Ha...love it!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oooh - we didn't get to hear the story of the DS confiscation...!?!? And he doesn't want to look like Justin Bieber? He's on the cover of my People magazine this week! :)

The Scheib Tribe said...

What a handsome young man! And what on earth could he have done to get his DS taken away??? The 4th HP book - amazing! Such a neat kid!!