Monday, April 19, 2010

Every Little Thing Is Going to Be Alright

We have decided not to continue putting test results and medical information on the blog for security reasons, but I will say that Ava has her endoscopy tomorrow morning. She was worried when she went to bed. I "slept" with her for 13 minutes (I know this because when I told Aiden goodnight, he had timed it and felt he should have equal mom time! That's my boy! Tit for Tat! Rest assured he get his 13 min tomorrow night!) At one point, I opened my eyes to see Ava with her eyes as wide as a deer in the headlights. I said, "Ava, close your eyes." She replied, "Mom, everything little thing is going to be alright, right?" "Yes, Ava." ...followed by a review of coping mechanisms and past appointments where she was full of courage. We have been listening to Elizabeth Mitchell's version of "Three Little Birds" and singing at the top of our lungs in the car, so "Every little thing is going to be alright" has become our M.O. This is truly an on-going process. We talk about it all the time. In fact, when we had all of the appointments last week, I didn't blog because I was too exhausted to continue to think or talk about it. We are almost through our first round of appointments. We will all be glad to be done. We have had fabulous news on many accounts, and for those, we are most thankful. We have much for which we are thankful! These two amazing children are at the top of the list!Aiden and Ava throwing their "worries" into the Sound. We named worries for many of those rocks and threw them as hard and far as we could!


1 comment:

The Scheib Tribe said...

Love that idea - throwing worries hard and far away! What a sweet picture - both of Ava in the hospital bed and the kids by the water!