Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stars, Love, Courage and Joy

Ava met with the Ophthalmologist today. He was AWESOME. He definitely works with and loves kids! This was her last invasive appointment, so she was pleased about that but still tearful, anxious and crying a little bit. In addition, she had her hands over her ears the whole time...that's her thing. I have gotten to the point where a new doctor walks in, and I say, "She'll do what you need her to, but she copes with her hands over her ears. It's her thing."
The Ophthalmologist was looking in her eyes, and he said, "Ahhh! I see STARS in your eyes!" She couldn't have been more pleased, and she replied, "When I had my ultrasound of my heart they found LOVE in my heart!" He was tickled by this and asked what they had found in her tummy when she had the "pictures" of her tummy. She replied, "They found COURAGE!" I replied, "And if there was a way to take a "picture" of her soul, I firmly believe they would see JOY." That's our girl.
A big shout out to Aiden who came with me and Ava to the appointment today. He was so excited to go on an adventure, and find where we should be. I told him where we needed to be, and we all searched together. We only got turned around once, and that was a good lesson in making mistakes but continuing on! :) Aiden was so encouraging to her and so helpful to me. The rest of the time, he read Harry Potter.


1 comment:

The Scheib Tribe said...

Sweetest girl, ever!! And so well adjusted! Wow!! Stars in her eyes?!, Love in her heart?!, and Courage in her stomach?! And I agree wholeheartedly - Joy in her soul for sure!!