Friday, May 7, 2010

Changes!

We have been very busy with lots of change in the last couple of weeks! I have been transitioning from OHSU (today was my last day) to Providence Hospice. I have been trying to get all of the post-offer appointments done including HR meetings, paperwork, a physical and drug test. That is all done, so I orient Monday and Tuesday! We have decided to keep Ava in her school through the end of the school year (June 8), but we need a solid extended school day for her! We have been touring schools/day cares which is a roller coaster of emotions for me. I'm not sure any place is good enough for Ava! After several tours, we finally found one. It's not exactly convenient, but it seems like a really great place full of play, art and learning! She will start mid-June.
Aiden is finishing up his soccer season and preparing for his piano recital in two weeks. He has AMAZED me with how rapidly he is progressing in piano, and he is so proud to have a recital coming up. Ava keeps reminding him and is equally as excited that Aiden has a recital. I'm sure she will be front row center beaming with pride as she watches her big brother. He is finishing up second grade in the next month (unbelievable!) and will be attending lots of fun camps this summer including tennis camp, soccer camp and camps through his after school program.
Ava had a Mother's Day Celebration at her school which was big fun! She is preparing for her ballet recital which is at the end of June. She and I are going to a Mother's Day Luncheon with Stephanie and Madeline tomorrow, and she is very excited to "dress up." I wonder what she will pick to wear (please say it's not the ballet costume from last year's recital!).
We are getting into the "living outside" time of year. It's awesome. We are still pinching ourselves that we live in this amazing place!

Aiden and Ava - May 7, 2010


2 comments:

Liz said...

You guys have been busy! the garden looks great - enjoy!!

The Scheib Tribe said...

So proud of Aiden and his piano progress - kids are amazing!
If any family is going to take advantage of such a beautiful part of our country, it'll be yours! Enjoy it!