Saturday, December 11, 2010
Grandpa's Book
Last year, Grandpa Moore recorded himself reading The Night Before Christmas in a recordable book. Ava found it this year when we took out our Christmas decorations, and she LOVES this book, specifically because she hears Grandpa's voice. This morning, I found her nestled in the corner by the Christmas tree listening to Grandpa and laughing and talking back to Grandpa. For instance, Grandpa says, "...not even a mouse...or Aiden or Ava" to which she responded, "Oh Grandpa, you're so silly." A little later, I heard her say, "Oh Grandpa, that was so nice of you to read us this book!" and when he says at the end, "Grandma and Grandpa love you Aiden and Ava," she exclaimed, "Grandpa, we sure love you, too!" Being the sap that I am, it brings tears to my eyes to see her enjoying the book so much and just hearing my dad's voice (he tends to be a little corny...sorry, Dad, but that's a big part of why we love you so much). It's a gem to have that book. Thank you Hallmark for bringing us such a simple little joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh sure, now I'm tearing up. You know as you get older, the eyes tear up more often.
I love you guys,
G'pa and Dad
I've heard rumors of those books... may have to put a little bug in Zach's grandparents' ears!
Oh, and next time... get out the video camera!! I'd love to see Ava talking to the talking book!
Post a Comment