Saturday, January 1, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas with the kids!  It's so much fun to see Christmas through the eyes of kids and the excitement and magic it brings.  Aiden has been grappling with some "rumors" he has heard about Santa.  He did a lot of research this year starting with reading a chapter book about a 9 y/o who is questioning Santa but REALLY wants to believe.  It was a great book that touched on a lot of life things, and it was an excellent read for someone who is just like the character in the book. 
On the way home from Seattle Christmas Eve, the discussion started like this, "If Christmas is really about the birth of Jesus, then how did Santa and presents get into all of this?"  Of course, he didn't stop with that discussion, he had pointed questions about BELIEVING.  I think we had Religion 101, and I can shamelessly say that I had to Google several of his questions (he wanted to know specifics about Joseph's and Mary's lives, ages and different travels).  I LOVE this age and having discussions with him.  It's amazing to hear the questions he asks, and I always learn something new.  I do have to admit, I can't imagine life without the Internet.  I guess I would have to be better about fudging my way through. :)
Back to Christmas, we opened gifts and had our usual Christmas brunch followed by hours of playing with new toys and dinner at our friends, The Mallory's. 

American Girl of the Year, Lanie.  She just happens to have green eyes and blond curly hair like Ava!
 
DSi games!  Just what he wanted!

Aiden got Ava "Beaver Goes to the Dentist", and she was so pleased, she smothered him with love.  He doesn't look quite as thrilled although he is certainly used to his sisters love! :)

Happy girl playing "Beaver goes to the dentist."  Ava loves anything dentist.

Harry Potter legos!  Aiden got a lot of legos and it keeps him occupied for hours!

Rapunzel!  Ava got this gown and wand as well as several different Tangled books based on the new Disney movie.  It's very common to hear, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair" coming from her room where she is acting out the movie.


No comments: