Friday, May 13, 2011

A Booster for Ava!

This may not be a big deal for some kids, but it's a HUGE deal for Ava.  We went to Target yesterday to pick out a high back booster because she is FINALLY big enough to fit safely.  She was beyond excited and of course, picked the loudest pink girly seat that is made (luckily, it was also rated one of the safest).  I tried to talk her into the neutral tan color, but, alas, I lost. She insisted I put it together in the Target parking lot, and when I couldn't break the tag on one part, she said, "Mom, I can find something to break it.  Don't give up, Mom!  You can do this, I know you can!"  How do you NOT keep trying with this girl who is actually quoting me talking to her!  I needed to lead by example, and I got it put together and in the car.  This will allow her to buckle her own seat belt and be more independent (yay!).  It brings tears to my eyes thinking about it because she was so proud and beamed all the way home.  She even called Brien from the driveway and said, "Dad, come out to the driveway and check out my new seat!  It's like Aiden's but it's for girls!  It's pink!"   She has been such a trooper for the past year and what an accomplishment for our girl!


Ava in her new booster seat!  She also picked out a shirt that says, "Sunshine Girl."  Perfect!


1 comment:

Liz said...

Yay Ava! And who would want a neutral seat?? You gotta get the celebratory pink one!