 |
| Trail to Ramona Falls - August 2011 |
We decided to do a big hike on Sunday with the kids. We really wanted to do Ramona Falls despite knowing it was a 7 mile round trip "challenging for kids" hike. We know our kids are tough. I packed plenty of snacks and drinks (I was literally the Neudeck Sherpa, and I think the pack was as heavy as Ava when we started out!). Luckily, the pack gets lighter as the day continues! We didn't tell the kids it was 7 miles as we felt it might deter their enthusiasm. They did an AMAZING job. We were so proud, and the hike was completely worth it! Aiden is super hiker always in the lead and without complaints. He appreciates the beauty as we're hiking and runs ahead with anticipation of what might be around the corner or at the top of the big ascent! He also loves to just talk, and we cherish the conversations we have with him 1:1. Ava has become a great hiker as well which is wonderful! She pounded out the first 5 miles and then Brien and I took turns with piggy back rides for about the last 1-2 miles mixed with walking. She sings the entire trip as she's walking and discovers beautiful things. She also comments on the amazing nature sights we encounter. It took us 5 hours, we were dirty and sweaty and tired and couldn't have been happier. We all had a great time.
I will say that this morning when Brien and I proposed a quick 1 mile hike to Zigzag Falls before returning home, the kids quickly vetoed it for a relaxing morning playing board games at the campsite. :)
Sorry for all the pictures...I just can't narrow it down.
 |
I always look for heart shaped rocks on hikes (and have a collection of them), but
Aiden spied this tree root that looks like a heart, too! |
 |
| Aiden and Ava at Ramona Falls |
 |
| Bridge across the Sandy River |
 |
Brien and Aiden at Ramona Falls. It was described as standing in front
of an open refrigerator door, and it was quite chilly and misty at the falls! |
2 comments:
That picture of Brien & the kids with the mountain in the background is AMAZING!! What a beautiful place.
Wow - great pictures and what amazing kids for hiking through 7 miles! That's an accomplishment!!
Post a Comment