Thursday, September 15, 2011

Married On The Moon?

We have told Aiden that he should watch out for his sister as he's the big brother.  At dinner tonight, he said,

Aiden:  "Mom, I think we should talk about an inappropriate boy that Ava was hanging around on the bus."
Me:  "What was going on?"
Aiden:  "I overheard Ava and Jake talking about dating in outer space."
Me:  "Dating?...Ava?"
Aiden:  "They were even talking about getting married on the moon!"
Ava:  "Aiden!  That's not what happened.  The spiral blue playground thing is my rocketship that I play on during recess, and I was talking about that!"
Me:  "Ava, you are allowed to date in the future but not when you're 5 y/o."
Ava:  "How old do I have to be to get married?"
Me:  "30"... ha ha ha :)
Aiden:  "How old were  you mom?"
Me:  Sigh...

Ava has been in kindergarten a week and already she's talking about dating and marriage?  Ah the things kids learn in school!  Good thing Daddy wasn't home for dinner!

No comments: