Sunday, December 4, 2011

Maddox Woods

There is a local wooded area that decorates the path with white lights during Dec.  I thought it sounded "magical" and would be fun to take the kids.  Ava's friend, Meena, was over, so we ventured out.  I have to say that I was met with a plethora of negativity and complaining on today's outing.  Aiden would rather have been watching football, and Ava was upset that it would require her to wear a jacket.  It was a beautiful little hike through the woods along the river, and Meena (bless her heart) commented that it was a "good thing we did this or we wouldn't have gotten to see such beautiful scenery along the river."  Thank you, Meena, and you are welcome on any of my little family outings that I spend time finding for my complaining children. :)  In reality, the lights were not so magical as there was just a single strand of lights running along part of the path.  Alas, it was fun to get out and spend a little time in the woods on a crisp dry day!  The leaves were beautiful, and there was much to appreciate!





No comments: