I took the kids to the library today to get new books. I was perusing the new section when I overheard Ava ask the librarian, "I'm wondering if you have any books about the human body. I'm especially interested in knowing how my brain works." The librarian helped her to find not only a whole section of books but also a movie about the human body. Great. I put her chosen books in the bag and overheard her make another request, "Now, are you able to help me find some books about cats? I would love to have a cat, but my mom is allergic." This patient and now amply charmed librarian helped her find books and a movie about cats and kittens as well. As I was putting the books in the bag, I heard her say, "I'm also interested in crystals and jewels. Do you have anything about crystals and jewels?" The librarian looked at me and said, "My goodness! She has a wide range of topics she wants to research!" At that point, I told Ava that was probably enough books for this trip although she managed to also get in a book about golf and one about the Olympics..."because this summer is the summer Olympics, mom, and we need to know about it."
Aiden has an equal number of diverse interests from comics to sports to recently, The Hunger Games series. He will read ANYTHING that is available at anytime. He's the kid you see with a book in his hands everywhere he goes...just in case he has to wait at any point and especially if a car ride is longer than 5 min. Today, he was piling up his books and kept finding more, and he said, "There are just SO many I want to check out!" Are these kids related to Grandpa Neudeck or what!?
1 comment:
Ava probably renewed that librarian's love for her job!
Post a Comment