Sunday, May 13, 2012

Silver Falls

What a GREAT Mother's Day starting with breakfast in bed by my sweet family.  I ordered Brien's Banana Bran Scones again as they are so delicious.  As it was such a beautiful day, and surprisingly, we had a rare free day, I wanted to go for a hike.   Once again, I keep pinching myself that we live here in such an amazingly beautiful state with so many places to see and things to do.  We drove less than an hour and hiked a 10 mile loop full of waterfalls.  We only did about 4 miles but saw 5 different waterfalls in that time.  It was an awesome hike in perfect weather.  We managed to get to Salem after that to try a pizza place I had heard about which was fun, too!  What an awesome day to spend with my family.  I am truly so blessed!



Winter Falls

Winter Falls

Mist from the falls creating a rainbow

Middle North Falls


Twin Falls

Double Falls...see the first one on top?



There's always love in nature....
Drake Falls
North Falls



North Falls...see the people walking behind the falls?

Here we are walking in the caves behind the falls



From behind North Falls looking out


Drinks in a boot...not to be confused with the Essen Haus for
you UW Grads!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Gorgeous! The scenery & the people! :)

Happy Mother's Day!