I will fully admit that when we pulled into our campground, I was not too thrilled. It was a busy campground with no privacy. We usually camp in secluded places full of privacy and nature. We were literally right next to our neighbors. It turned out to be better than I thought as we were surrounded by wonderful people. Our neighbors across from us, Rose and Tim, were an amazing older couple who camp 4 mos of the year to escape the AZ heat. They adopted us, and particularly our children, like we were family. The kids spent more time with Tim and Rose than us when we were at the campground. Tim taught Aiden how to whittle sticks, and we roasted s'mores with them over a campfire. Next to us was a family from Portland with a 5 y/o, Miia. She and Ava became fast friends and enjoyed playing together. Aiden discovered a friend from his soccer team was camping there with his family, and he went off with a group of boys to run and play. I admit, it was fun for all to meet all these great people!

 |
| Ava in Rose's hat |
 |
Ava and Miia - Miia reminded me so very much of my niece, Mya, when she
was that age! |
 |
| Tim, Rose and the kids |
 |
| "Honey, I shrunk the kids." |
No comments:
Post a Comment