Monday, October 5, 2009

Flower Picking!

We have a darling farm right down the road that has U-Pick zinnias and sunflowers! (if you've ever visited us here, it's the farm with the donkeys) It's great fun, and I decided Ava and I would go lose ourselves in the flowers. Ava decided she wanted to be crabby, so she wailed (not just a soft whine, a LOUD cry) the whole time. I tuned her out and thoroughly enjoyed picking flowers. At $.10/stem it's a real steal! I am taking them, along with my portion of the dinner, to the teacher's lounge at Aiden's school. We are serving the teachers dinner during parent/teacher conferences.



Ava reluctantly stopped crying and held the flowers after I bribed her with a Dove chocolate. That's the real story behind this picture. I wish I could say she was having a fabulous time! She dropped them all as soon as the picture was taken.....ah the fun side of pre-schoolers. :)




No comments: