Thursday, October 8, 2009

Server

Ava loves role plays, and to Ava, life is a role play! We role play everything including dentist, doctor, teacher, ballet class, gas station attendant (because you cannot pump your own gas in Oregon), library, swim class, preschool, grocery store clerk, etc... She has started to pretend we are in a restaurant and now calls me "Server" at meals. For instance, "Server, could you please get me some milk?" "Server, I didn't get a napkin." "Server, I don't like this, so I'm done." I'm not sure how I feel about being called "server" since it sounds like servant which is often how I feel. I've decided that "this too shall pass" and as long as she is using manners at the same time, I will go with it. I'm not sure why not, but she doesn't call Brien "Server." Apparently, I'm the only one lucky enough to be a part of this fantastic role play. I cannot help but smirk and roll my eyes to myself every time I hear "Server!". Oh, Ava! :)

No comments: