Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aiden's Spring Concert

Aiden had his spring concert at school tonight. It was an "Americana" theme, and the kids were supposed to pull together a costume. Aiden was "so embarrassed" at the suggestion that he wear a cowboy hat and bandanna with jeans. Luckily, I was at Girls on the Run and didn't get to hear the meltdown. Brien took the hat and bandanna anyway, and as you can see, Aiden willingly wore it after almost ALL the kids were wearing costumes and NOT embarrassed. :) They all did a great job.


Waiting to perform...

That dimple and big smile is classic Aiden. I know it's sappy, but I see him up there and get teary-eyed every time! I just can't help it...he's my boy! :) Proud Mom. (what you can't see is that he has a hickey on each upper arm that he did himself not knowing that would happen....ah, yes, Proud Mom! :) )

Ava cannot wait until SHE is up on that stage. She said she wants to be the one with the microphone! We have no doubt that she will. She is equally proud of her brother, and kept patting him on the back saying, "Aiden, you did a great job!" She loves "shows" and loves her brother, so there is nothing better than watching her brother in a show! :)



2 comments:

Liz said...

too fun! I love that peer pressure was enough to get him to wear the costume. But I especially love the part about the hickeys... priceless!

The Scheib Tribe said...

I have 2nd grade students at school with hickeys on their upper arms also - just a phase...hopefully!
But a boy thinking a cowboy outfit is just too plain silly!!! I wouldn't know anything about that kind of stuff - wink, wink! Ava is just so...Ava! Precious!!