As you can imagine, we've been on the internet researching. It's amazing to me that 1:2000 girls have this, but you don't often hear people talking about it. A lot of people don't know they have Turners. Sometimes, women aren't diagnosed until they pursue fertility treatments to see why they aren't getting pregnant. I wanted to pass along this website:
www.freewebs.com/colleenjoyce
This is a remarkable young woman with full-blown TS. She's pretty amazing!
Also, there is a book called The Condition which is a novel, but it's about TS. I read it several years ago just as something to read. It was one of those things you read and then it comes up later in your life.
Ava and I are going to have her picture taken this morning. Nina, who took her picture last fall, has asked to "use" Ava for a photo shoot for promotional stuff. She will give us a CD of all the pictures. Currently, she has an 18x20 photo of Ava from last fall on display at Aiden's school. Aiden feels so proud that his sister is in a huge picture at his school. He thinks she's famous! :)
1 comment:
Oooh - can't wait to see the pictures. The last set was gorgeous! Hope she cooperates again today! :)
and thanks for sharing the website- I'll definitely check it out.
Post a Comment