Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kaua'i Trip

Brien and I went to Kaua'i to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.  We were fortunate enough to have G&G Moore come to stay with the kids which was a win-win for everyone!  We spent the first day on the southern and western sides of the island seeing the Waimea Canyon (amazing!) and stopping at fun local places and Poipou Beach.  It was raining in the canyon, but we were lucky enough to stay just ahead of it until the final lookout.  On the way back down, you couldn't see anything! It was cloudy at the beach that day, but we had a great day despite it.  Here some of the pictures from our first day:











These wild roosters and hens are everywhere on the island!
  

I might have been a little crabby when we got to the end lookout, and
it was pouring!  I might have said, "Don't we get enough of this in Portland?"



We toured the Kauai Coffee Company, too.
  

I took this picture of the first day at the beach with dark clouds over us!
They followed us the whole first day but left after that (thank goodness!)


Spouting Horn created by volcanoes.  When the waves come in, it blows up
through the hole.


No comments: