Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Treasure!

Aiden received a Geomate Jr. for his birthday to go geocaching.  Geocaching was started right here in the Portland area, and now there are over 250,000 registered in the USA.  Aiden is having a sleepover in a couple weeks with a bunch of boys, and I wanted to know what I was doing before I took them out! Steff and I walked the 4 kids to a park near our house where there is one registered to try it out.   We were able to find the geocache box under a rock, find the treasure inside, replace it with the one we brought and sign the registry.  It was fun to do!  We're going to try it when we go to Montana in Aug, too!  It was an amazing day full of sunshine and warmth with helped with the adventure.  Here are the kids snacking before our hike home.

No comments: