| The Rid Lice Headquarters |
Monday, October 17, 2011
Headquarters...pun intended
We have had another parenting moment that we will never forget. Ava came home 2 weeks ago with lice. That's right, LICE. Ugh. I believe the lice have set up the Willamette Primary lice headquarters on Ava's head because she has so much curly hair with plenty of places to hide. What a nightmare! This means that every night, I spend 1-1.5 hrs combing through her trademark locks with a nit comb followed by vacuuming, changing towels and sheets and doing loads upon loads of laundry. It's exhausting! We have treated her twice, and I have taken every homeopathic treatment to heart. I have tried Cetaphil face wash, lavender oil, tea tree oil, the special lice comb and now LiceFreeee Everday shampoo. This LiceFreeeee shampoo is supposed to be safe for all family members to use to prevent lice for anyone else, but I propose changing the name to Bad Hair Day Everyday. Ugh! I used it once and won't do it again. Nobody else has gotten it...knock on wood. Ava has been a pretty good sport but that's a LOT of time sitting and having her hair combed (not an activity of choice for her!). Aiden has helped with reading books, Daddy has helped with reading books and finally, she got to watch Tangled for several nights while having her hair combed (appropriate, right?...Let's hope Rapunzel never gets lice!). We're going to stick this experience in our back pocket and hope to never use it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh boy. I have heard that is a horrible experience with short boy's hair; I can't even imagine the complexities when you throw in Ava's gorgeous, thick curls! Yikes! Hang in there... hopefully you've made it through!
Post a Comment