Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Poetry

Aiden has been writing poems, and I love to read what he writes!  Here are a few of my favorites:

Life is piano,
the notes and keys
and sounds of songs.
Hands hitting the keys
to make a song that
makes your heart
go on vacation.
Recitals, practice, everything.
Piano is me.


A net,
waiting before me.
The net teasing me to shoot.
The sun blazes on me
making me sweat.
I shoot the ball,
and I SCORE!


Life is creamy ice cream cake.
Cool feeling,
resting inside your mouth.
The frosting making your teeth
feel in heaven.
The world is cake.

A tree, making air for us.
The pine trees, oak trees and redwood.
Trees are life.
The trees are our soul,
making life better.

2 comments:

Liz said...

WOW! He is very poetic and creative! And I love how these are about so many different things... piano, soccer, ice cream, etc. Gives you an idea about what he's thinking about, what's important to him. What a well-rounded kid!

Liz said...

A renaissance man! That's the term I couldn't think of!!