Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reading

Aiden LOVES to read.  Admittedly, I have promoted this since he was an infant.  I take the kids to the library at least once/week to check out books, and I check out lots of additional books about all different topics because I know he will read those, too! He will read anything that is in the library basket:  biographies, animals, sports, geography, culture, cooking, anatomy, space, science experiments etc... He'll even read Ava's books. He has gotten into the habit of reading at the table while he's eating.  We have had to stop him from reading at breakfast because he gets so absorbed that he doesn't get ready and it ends up being a stressful rush to the bus.  Here he is at dinner trying to get in some pages of a Lance Armstrong biography.  I let it go tonight because Brien wasn't home and I was trying to multitask while the kids ate.  He was asked by a group of 5th graders (he's the only 4th grader) to be on their Battle of the Books team in which he will compete in early spring.  He's enjoying the books he's assigned to read and anticipating the battle! :) 



No comments: