Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dolls

I was cleaning out my closet when I found a picture of me in a dress wearing a bonnet and holding my Baby Beth doll.  I was 6 y/o, and Ava was amazed to see me at her age.  She wanted to hang the picture on her bulletin board.  She was so impressed with the dress AND bonnet.  I got out all of my dolls yesterday to show her the one I was holding in the picture.  They have been safely stored in a Rubbermaid container (thanks, Mom), and albeit a little musty, they aren't really any worse for the wear.  How funny to see the 70's clothes these dolls were sporting and to have a fashion show with Ava!  I can't look at Rub-A-Dub without snickering.  Ava is convinced she is a boy.  She's the classiest doll of all!

Ava and all of our combined dolls (minus Laney, the American Girl, who is still in
quarantine from the recent lice episode)

Rub-A-Dub sporting some high fashion!

Poor Rub-A-Dub!  I think she better leave the hat on!
Her hair is like an SOS pad!  A little leave in conditioner
might be in order.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yep, you can definitely tell which ones are Ava's and which are Sarah's! What a fun trip back in time.