Aiden's broken foot and subsequent boot has really slowed us down and has actually given us a little unexpected breathing room. As I was running past the kids' school this morning, I saw all the parents and basketball players rushing to get to their games. I smiled to myself to think that I was out for a run instead of trying to wrangle my family together to rush to yet another place. We haven't had weeknight practices either. We found ourselves doing some fun science experiments, taking time to read and talk about history with the kids. We have had dinners together with our Table Topics cards (thanks, Auntie Amy!). It has been delicious not to rush from work to practices, homework, piano practice etc... It's the unexpected gift of the boot. The boot comes off this week, and we will enjoy the down time until soccer starts again in Feb.

1 comment:
There's always a silver lining, isn't there?!!
Post a Comment