Thursday, May 10, 2012

Golf Anyone?

A couple of months ago as we were driving somewhere, Ava announced she wanted to play golf.  This was completely out of the blue and struck me as hilarious!  We aren't a golfing family and don't really talk about golf, so for Ava to declare this made me laugh.  I told Brien who proceeded to tell his friend, Jason, who is an avid golfer but lives in Georgia.  Soon, there was a package on our front doorstep for Ava.  Jason's son, who is Ava's age and also a lefty, had outgrown his clubs, so Jason's wife, Dawn, tied a pink ribbon around the set and sent them off to Ava!  She was thrilled!  Brien took the kids to the driving range, so they could hit some balls.  She enjoyed it!  A few weeks ago, she asked why we didn't get the golf channel?!  Who knew this girl would have an interest in golf?!  I guess we'll be heading to the driving range more often. 


2 comments:

Liz said...

Isn't it funny what they come up with?? I can sort if see wanting to play golf, but for a 6 year old to want to WATCH golf...?!? And I love the pink ribbon - a nice touch!

Kris said...

I didn't know she is a lefty! Foster that talent! College golf scholarships abound for women, I'm told!